The Mission Statement
The mission of the Morris Farm Trust is to promote the values of sustainable agriculture and stewardship of the earth through education, demonstration and community involvement, while enhancing food security in the greater mid-coast area.
As a non-profit, educational, membership organization, The Morris Farm Trust promotes:
- A local farm and landscape that provides food, education, recreation, and pride in midcoast Maine for many generations;
- Agricultural education for people of all ages, particularly local public school students;
- Responsible farming on the land in Wiscasset with the help and support of our whole community;
- The consumption of locally-grown food;
- Sustainable agriculture techniques;
- Food security for at-risk individuals and families in Lincoln County and beyond;
- The value of manual labor as an essential pillar of American culture and education;
- Aesthetically- and environmentally-sensitive land-use planning;
- The preservation of a distinct regional identity and local traditions that will strengthen our community from within and attract residents, businesses, and visitors to our area;
- The essential connections between people, land, and meaningful labor.